My Europe Trip - Day 1

Hey guys,

Okay so I'm currently sitting at Melbourne airport, with a smoothie and my laptop, looking out the window in a cute little cafe at all of the planes coming and going.

I thought I would take this opportunity to start writing about what it's like taking your first overseas trip alone.

So, I have travelled a lot growing up. Competing regular overseas and interstate in Scottish Highland Dancing. My Mum and I would travel interstate pretty much at least twice a month, and overseas we used to travel to Scotland for about a month in August so that I could compete at the world championships.

Anyway, so I'm pretty well travelled and I've been in and out of airports for most of my teenage life. However, doing it by yourself, I'm already seeing is a very different thing.

Even though so far I've only really been through customs by myself and have just been hanging here at the airport, for the first time in my life I feel completely independent.
Completely in control of my own life.
Completely an adult.

I know that sounds weird because even though I have my licence and a job and go to uni and am in control of my life 99% of the time at home anyway, this is just different.
I think this is probably one of the biggest steps in my life that I have ever completed.

It's strange, you know, that I am just completely in control of myself. Of my own passport, of my own wellbeing, of my own life.

I know, just sitting here, that regardless of what happens in the rest of my life, that this experience, travel and seeing the world and being in charge of my own destiny, this is how I want to feel all of the time.


I'll do my best to update you guys as I go on my trip, but I'm not making any promises that I'll have the time, or the energy to be honest, to sit down and write very much.
But I will be posting heaps on my instagram and different social media so go and chuck them a follow if you want to know more.

Love you all
xxxxxxxx T

LINKS
My instagram: instagram.com/taylorbekkers
My twitter: twitter.com/TaylorBekkers
My tumblr: ottenere-scopata.tumblr.com

Comments

Sophie ❤︎ said…
I think it's so cool that you're doing this trip! I feel like would just be an anxious wreck thinking about what to do and where to go in the airport even though I've done it so many times before, just never on my own. I've also had to re follow you on Tumblr because of my account change, it's snowflakesandsunbakes :)
Unknown said…
Aw thank you so much! I never thought in a million years that I would ever be able to do something like this because of my anxiety.
I just landed in Qatar and the airport here is so amazing, so much cool stuff!

Aw awesome, ill go and follow you back xxx

Popular Posts