Toxic People and How Not to Know Them

Hey guys!

Okay so I thought for my first post back I wanted to have a bit of a talk about something that I've learned recently while I've been getting pretty close to some new people.
It's been a big period of transistion for me lately, with a new relationship and also the fact that my best friend and I don't really talk anymore, that I've been getting much closer with a lot of other people, people that maybe are even better for me. I don't know..

It's truly terrifying getting close to someone for the first time, in my experience anyway, whether that be a new partner or a new friend, or even an old friend that you're becoming closer to.

It's a truly beautiful thing, to be able to trust someone enough to be able to tell them everything, let them see more than just what's on the surface.
But what I can assume that most of my readers will agree with me on, is that it's also goddamn terrifying.

Opening up to someone new for the first time, in my opinion, is not only one of the hardest things to do in life, but also the most courageous. Especially courageous for people that have been through more heartache, that have experienced how awful it feels to realise that you've opened up to and trusted the wrong person. Whether that person took advantage of your trust, or whether they just decided they didn't like the things you were showing them and left, that's never going to not hurt.

However, nothing worth having ever comes easy.

I guess that's the beauty of human relationships and human contact, is that everyone does react to things so differently.
Someone might think that your need for attention, or constant excitement is overwhelming and too much to handle, while someone else might think that it's endearing and it may just turn into another thing that they love about you.

And it's so amazing when you find that person, or people. The ones that don't just accept certain things about your personality, people that don't love you in spite of those things, but people that love you BECAUSE of them.

That took me way too long to realise, and now that I'm in that place and I've found those people, I can't explain how important that is.

And I can't explain enough that there are people out there that will love you for you, regardless of how unlovable you might feel at times, regardless of how many people before have left you, regardless of who they were, boyfriends, best friends, parents.
You ARE loveable, and you will find those people, as long as you don't give up looking.

So to all of my readers, get out of any relationship, any friendship where you feel like they love you in spite of ANYTHING. Because, that's not love, and it never will be!

I hope that all of you can actually take something from this! I hope that you can all take my advice and please just look after yourselves, you don't need toxic people in your life.

It took me 20 years to realise that. And now that I have, I'm surrounded by the best people in this entire world, the most loving and caring people and I feel loved everyday. And I hope that one day, all of you, every single one, can feel that way too.


I'd love to hear from you guys!
Please feel free to comment your stories when it comes to this stuff, if you guys want advice at all and even if you don't want to post it on here, feel free to chuck me an email and we can have a chat :)

Love you all!
xxxxxxxxx
T


Instagram: http://instagram.com/taylorbekkers

Twitter: http://twitter.com/Taylor.Bekkers

Email: taylorbekkers2@gmail.com

Tumblr: http://ottenere-scopata.tumblr.com

Comments

Popular Posts