Gardners Falls Adventure

Hey lovely people!

Firstly, I wanted to take a second to just thank all of you amazing readers of my blog. I absolutely love blogging and anyone who knows me well enough, knows that I really spill my heart and soul into these posts. So thank you so much for reading them and for all your feedback, it means the world to me.

Today, I wanted to share with you guys a beautiful place that I discovered up in Brisbane recently, Gardner's Falls.

For those of you who aren't too familiar with the areas in and around Brisbane, Gardner's Falls is in a place called Maleny, in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast (approx 90km North of Brisbane CBD). It is a natural waterfall and swimming hole that absolutely took my breath away.

I spent the last of my days off of 2017 up there with two of my favourite people, my beautiful friends Christine and Sarah. We spent the day frolicking in the waterfalls, sunbathing on the rocks and eating all of the food we could get our hands on, as per usual.

It took about an hour and a half to get up to the falls from my house in Redcliffe, Morton Bay, in which we drove around some beautiful bush covered streets and gazed upon some spectacular views, of which I have included the limited photos that I got of them out of the car window.

Once we got to the falls however, the natural landscape was even more breathtaking.

Unfortunately for us, we had decided to spend our day at the falls in one of those limbo days in between Christmas and New Years, where most people were off work and all of the children were on school holidays.... meaning that the falls were pretty packed with people and my worst nightmare, screaming children.
Regardless of this, we managed to find a somewhat secluded area that we could call our own for the afternoon.

I can't even put into words how peaceful and relaxing this area of Queensland was. You could almost get lost in the trees and it was just so secluded from the buildings and the city lifestyle. This really blew me away as there is no where in Melbourne, so close to the city at least, that you could get this kind of immersive natural experience.

I would definitely recommend for anyone at all who loves natural beauty and happens to find themselves up in Brisbane or on the Sunny Coast, that it is for sure a must see location to really experience just what Queensland has to offer!














Comments

Popular Posts