My Top 3 Self Love Activities!

Self love is something that I really believe we, as a society, don't put enough emphasis on. It's one thing to be able to identify when you do need it and another completely to find the time and the activities to actually do it.

That's why I decided I'd compile a list of the 3 best self love activities that I have to get me through the rough days!

1. Getting lost in a world independent of your own 

I cannot stress enough just how much solace I find in this. Whether you find this through the written word of a novel or some poetry, as I do, or through a film, binging your favourite tv show on Netflix or even just daydreaming.
There's something magical about being able to escape your own reality for a while and enter a world completely independent of that. It's one of the few things that I have that really lets me turn my brain off for a while.

2. Taking a really hot/really cold shower 

This is something that I only discovered recently. There is something incredibly spiritula and calming about taking a while to just look after your body.
Shave your legs, wash your hair, do a body scrub. I can guarantee you that not only will your body thank you for it, your mind will too.

3. Take some time to reflect on yourself 

This is something that I think a lot of people are terrified of, myself included. Because to sit back and reflect on some of the stuff that you may have thought, or done, or has happened to you can most definitely be brutal. Especially if, like me at the moment, you're a bit upset or struggling with stress and anxiety about something.

But I can't emphasise just how important it is to take some time, even if it is just once a month, to check in on yourself.
No one would say that it's a waste of time or that you shouldn't go to the doctor occasionally to check up on your physical health, so why not take the same amount of care with your mental state?

Comments

Popular Posts